Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Change - it is up to you

You are responsible for your change. No one else, not even I, as your coach. My job is to ask questions and to guide you, subtly. To open your eyes for more choices available for you and create resources that lay idle inside of you. But ultimately, it is up to you to change - even if you reject my guidance.

There are some who doubt that they cannot be hypnotised. Anybody can be hypnotised, but it is up to the person to get hypnotised.

As Tad James says - "When I ask you to relax, and relax even more, breath deeply, take a deep breath in, and out and now, an even deeper breath. Now, as you relax, close your eyes, and go deeper into relaxation. Your eyes are closed, and every breath you take is taking you deeper into relaxation. Your eyes are closed and in fact, they are so close that you cannot open them. And the more you try to open them, the tigher they close, and the deeper you are in relaxation."

Who is responsible for listening and following? Not me, right? I am just giving directions. It is up to the person to follow instructions and relax, and breathe and go into a trance state. So in fact, it is us who are responsible for change as well.

As easy as that. Easily! And I only give directions, and ask questions.

(NLP in Asia)











No comments: