Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bowling and focus

I am not a regular bowler, even so I enjoy the game. Most of the time, I have played with luck, was happy when I got a strike, and mostly got one by luck and chance.

I hardly ever won, before that day, and that is okay, because, well, I knew I wasn't that good.

Last Friday, the company went out on a bowling competiton. We reserved about 20 lanes and it was fun.

bowling.jpg
(taken from www.tabradys.missouri.edu)

And I focused, very intensively. Focused on the point, I wanted the ball (is it called ball?) to go to. So the ball moving, rolling, and smashing into the pin that I selected. Spoke to me - and the ball - that I want to get it on that point on the track, and get to the right point.

Then I let go.

It didn't always work, of course. There were many, many players around me that were way, way better. Nevertheless, I have to say that I played my best two games. Okay, my highest score was 125 or so, but hey - for someone who never reached 100 before, that is great! And it feels real good to have a couple of great strikes in a game!

bowling1.jpg
(taken from http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2005-12-31/bowling.jpg)

And, it simply is my belief that focus on my outcome helped.

(NLP in Asia)












No comments: