Monday, July 17, 2006

NLP trainings and the way forward to overcome pain

When I went to the NLP training last weekend, I recognised two main things.

The first is that the participants were willing to change. They realised that they have to change something in their life - and the life of the loved ones, may be - and in their own. This is important.

I also found out that they had a lot of limited beliefs before joining the training, and I believe that they are not alone in this world with their limited beliefs. There were comments from participants about how the felt small and insignificant before the training, how much anger was inside of them, how they lacked confidence, or how they didn't know where to go.

Many, many felt relieved in the end of the training and new that they had initiated changes. That was the good part. Trainings in Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP have the ability to transform personalities and give participants what they need and searched for.

I did my original training with NLP about two years back and I still feel it vibrating in my veins, and how it still helps me to transform my life on a constant basis (how else could I coach with NLP?). The requirements after any training is that you use what you learnt immediately. Even NLP, and even if NLP has been pushed down to a cellular level. The good part for me was that my trainer pushed it down via hypnotic sessions and that all what I learnt is still available to me when I need it - and comes out stronger and stronger and I get better and better.

The difference to other trainings is that NLP trainings leave a lasting impression and they enable participants to become flexible in any situation. Situations change, any minute of any day. It is most important to be flexible many times a day in your attitude and ultimately, in your behaviour towards yourself and others.

The difference to other trainings is that those trainings (e.g.; "traditional" sales trainings, self-help trainings) leave a script behind that participants can use. The challenge is that those scripts need changing based on contexts of situations - a one side fits all never helps. But, however, participants often only learn one set for many different situations.

Still there are challenges in NLP trainings. For the time being, the participants will move on with their life, and feel greatly empowered. Many will try to use NLP techniques in their life, personal or business. That is the wrong approach. NLP is not a technique to use, but a way to see the world with different eyes, endless curiosity and greater understanding. If participants understand this, they will go a long way.

It starts by understanding the pain that they are carrying within themselves and to learn just to let go. They have the tools, of course, and the patterns to apply. They now just need to use it more and more to live and regenerate their new life. Which means, for many, that there are great changes ahead - and change is always a lot of fun.

Those that I trained with, earlier, and that used NLP in their life experienced great changes. Some were promoted, others became self-employed, others found themselves and became very successful with their own identity and so on. They are the living proof that NLP works.

(NLP in Asia)












No comments: