Thursday, April 30, 2009

The little girl aside of the street

It was raining, last night. My son called me and asked me to pick him up after his tuition, at about 6.00 PM.

While driving out from our area, I have to pass a public school. Aside of the school, under a tree, there stood a little girl. She was small, may be seven or eight years old. Standing under the trees, in her blue school uniform.

The uniform appeared to be wet, or may be even drenched. Like she was waiting already a long time.

I saw her standing there, while I drove by. My thought went out to her and I hoped that whomever she was waiting for would come soon.

There was no one else around. And it was getting dark, while the rain got heavier.

Now, my son’s tuition is not too far away, so about 15 minutes later, I came back to the same spot.

She wasn’t standing anymore but now cowering on the floor. Pressed even more against the fence, that surrounded the tree.

I thought I stop and ask, what is going on. Lucky to me, my son can speak Bahasa, way better than me. Hey, it is his mother tongue, okay?

Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she looked so small, so helpless and scared.

We asked her if she was waiting for someone (stupid question, as if she would stand there, all alone, by herself, for any other reason than waiting for someone to pick her up). She sniffed and said that she was waiting for her mother.

My son asked her for her mother’s telephone number, and, with lots of trials, and repetitions, she gave us the number. My son also took an umbrella from the car.

I was a bit worried as well, for my own sake, of course, and curious, what went on inside of me. Because, there is so much bad stuff with children ongoing in Malaysia, that I hoped no one would accuse me of something. As such, I was also happy that my boy was with me.

We tried to call her mother twice, but she didn’t pick up the phone. Suddenly, another girl came around the curve and told the little girl to come along. The little girl knew her and was relieved. So was my son and I. My son was happy and said, that this was nice. He enjoyed helping. I told him that we might have changed a life.

But what I am wondering about is the following. Where was the mother and how could she let the little girl get so devastated. It is a helpless situation. She was so scared and there would have been no one to help her. The feeling of helplessness must have been so overwhelming. Imagine you are 7 years old. And you are left alone, somewhere. Where to go, when it gets dark? You would be at the mercy of the environment. May be there are some recollection of horror stories told in movies, or by the parents about darkness and being alone. I don’t know but I know that it must have been scary.

May be her life changes after this and she knows that there is help, somewhere, that arrives when needed (do I see myself as the white knight?).

But may be she felt abandoned. And fear. These can be deep-seated negative emotions that we often encounter in our training. These emotions are created when we are young, and these experiences follow us into adulthood.

I know that the girl will be okay, but I pitied her for the experience.

_________________________________________
Public Programmes: Asia Mind Dynamics organises new courses for those interested to become NLP Practitioners, NLP Coaches, Hypnotists or those that want to simply improve their influence and communication skills

For more information, follow these links:

To learn Certified NLP Practitioner and Certified Timeline Therapy™ Techniques Training, click here.

To learn more about our Advanced Coaching Programme, click here

To learn more about the Language and Behaviour Profile (LAB Profile) - Words That Change Minds Certification, click here

To register for any of these courses, click here.


To learn more about Asia Mind Dynamics, click here

For companies, interested to know more about in-houses courses, click here.

Alternatively, send an email to andreas.dorn AT gmail.com or najwadorn AT yahoo.com or call 012-287 5048 (Andreas) or Najwa (012-3276 048) for a discussion about your needs and requirements.

See you soon!

No comments: