Friday, March 02, 2007

Preparing training modules and thinking about leadership

This is serious fun.

Yesterday, I drafted the rough outline of my "The Secret of Excellence in Leadership" Training workshop. It will be the first workshop in Malaysia that combines Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP with the ingredients of leadership.

Of course, a lot of work went into it already, through reading of various books and really getting deep down into the material - creating the knowledge, so to speak.

Now, I am sitting here, in my study at home, still flipping through various book (many, many books!!). Picking a line here, and there, and putting it into the presentation.

This is serious fun, because, well, I can build in the jokes, and the serious material.

The exercises, the worksheets, the material that will go into the manual.

Serious fun, and that is what it is al about.

I am reading a lot of books on leadership. Be it John Maxwell, or Kouzes and Posner or Steven Covey, or Jack Welsh and Donald Trump or the work and studies from management consulting firms, such as Hewitt Associates, my former "home".

I learn, and also realise that leadership is different - whoever describes it.

Well, this is nothing really new - but nevertheless an interesting fact. I imagine, in my mind, the CEO of an organisation, or the aspiring executive who wants to be a leader one day. They might be totally different in their thinking and behaving, in the values and beliefs, from a Donald Trump or a Jack Welsh, or a Ghosn, for that matter.

They slender through the bookshops, and pick up those books. May be they buy it, may be not. Whatever. But what if they do it, and they "try" (is there ever a try?) to implement it in their organisation or respective department.

Enthusiastically, they start the journey, but will they succeed? I am not so sure, honestly. These books are good, the studies are well done, but we are all different, are we not? And more of it - our organisations are different, our employees with whom we cooperate are different.

What really will happen if you come back and implement a management style a la Donald Trump or Jack Welsh. Can you imagine that? What do you think?

______________________________

New courses are starting soon Download the brochure the different courses now.

Those who participate in my training benefit A LOT, and I don't want to sound too shy here :)

Michael H
General Manager, of a global Market Research Company
“Andreas has the enthusiasm for his subject that explodes into your subconscious mind and really makes NLP real for me. I recommend this training for everyone who already thinks that they are great – because they will realise just how much better they will be.”
Nora A. H.,
Counselor
“Your passion and drive is extremely powerful and empowering. I enjoyed the classes.”

So come on board, now!
______________________________
(Asia Mind Dynamics)










(NLP in Asia)

No comments: