Monday, March 05, 2007

Types of people

There are only three types of people. Seriously.

Those that are interested in meeting others to just widen their horizon and to grab the chance to learn something new - in any situation. They are the ones that search for value in any encounter, and question their beliefs. At least, when I meet them and they really are not interested in what I am saying, they say so. Honestly. Even in Asia, where sometimes, vague commitments or concessions are the rule.

Those that might say 'yeah, let's meet' but then never show the interest in following through. They don't respond to emails, calls or text messages. Their secretary or personal assistant excuses them - ' he went out for lunch', 'for an appointment' or, the favourite, is in a meeting. I love those. Sometimes, I ask how long the meeting will last and call again, on the dot. Embarrassment is audible, hehe!! The worse case are those that set up an appointment but then don't show up. Call 5 minutes before the meeting actually starts.

The third group are the fence sitters that never get anything done. They are interested, they meet, they talk, but then, cannot decide. Favourite saying? 'We call you when we are ready', 'we call you in a couple of days/ weeks', or, the favourite 'can you call again in 3 weeks time?', often hoping, that I won't call. There was a time, when I wrote down when to call and called, exactly after 3 weeks, or 2 days. Nowadays, I hardly care.

I prefer to work with the first group. They are ready for change, see value and want to accelerate. The other groups will come around, sooner or later. But it is like change everywhere, and willing to move - sometimes it is too late, and the train or the opportunity has gone - passed!!


_________________________________
New training courses are starting soon. Download the brochure about the different courses now.

Those who participate in my training benefit A LOT, and I don't want to sound too shy here :)

Michael H
General Manager, of a global Market Research Company
“Andreas has the enthusiasm for his subject that explodes into your subconscious mind and really makes NLP real for me. I recommend this training for everyone who already thinks that they are great – because they will realise just how much better they will be.”


Nora A. H.,
Counselor
“Your passion and drive is extremely powerful and empowering. I enjoyed the classes.”


So come on board, now









No comments: