Wednesday, December 21, 2005

17 hour days and no slacking

Currently, I am probably working 17 hour days - of which about 13-14 hours are spend in the office. This is the hardest part of my current life in a new company and I am really proud of how I manage it.

Long streneous days and evenings. The longing to go home, when it gets dark out there, and the lights of the towers in Kuala Lumpur. To see the traffic on the road and know that there are people who are ready to go home.

Sighing and back to the computer in front of me. But, and that is great, I am not tired. We, my team and I battle deadlines.

Still, the concentration is there and the unbeatable confidence that all will be okay!

This is my current WoW factor. Nothing slacks at work, no reduction in the energy level - I am simply not tired. Going, going, on, on - the team and I need to finish a LOT before Christmas.
Coming home, I am still able to read my books, play with my kid (if he didn't fall asleep in the car or is asleep at home already) and even watch a movie every now and then.

Then I sleep like a stone, for a couple of hours, before the day starts again.

What is the great part?

It works - the energy is there, the power to make things happen, the concentration, the mood change to positive when I am down, tired and frustrated.

It is called state management in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming). This simply is a process (learnt in my courses) to generate the resources needed whenever I need them. I am utilising this to the fullest. Powerful and fun, because I never knew that it is there!!

(NLP in Asia)


No comments: