Saturday, December 20, 2008

The fear in the eyes

Is fear something that is living with us, in every situation?

Let me tell you the story. I am a bit pinked-eye, when it comes to walking around in Sydney. I was in Pitts Street the other day, a normal shopping street with plenty of office buildings.

I had been there a couple of years ago, and remembered some bookshops in the area. I love books and thought, may be I can find some treasures in Australia, that don't exist in Malaysia.

So I asked a woman on the street for direction. She stood aside a postbox, so that was convenient for me.

When I asked her she turned to me, very reluctantly. Fear was in her eyes.

I don't know if Sydney is dangerous and whether or not, there are snatch thieves, robberies or similar. I don't know what kind of impression I gave her - I wasn't dressed shappily or anything.

May be it is the experience that we carry in us - do we all know stories of people being mugged? - may be it is the constant indoctrination from the media that times are changing and robberies are on the rise.

I don't know.

But similar to the loneliness with the IPod or the drunkard in the bus, there are indicators of changes happening in the relations between people.

I left the woman with a very friendly smile, after she gave me the information. May be I made a change inside of her. May be not. But try, you who read it - make a change today. Be friendly to those around you. Together we can change the world, and every individual can start now, to just smile at people again and share a friendly word with them, every now and the.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Public Programmes: Asia Mind Dynamics organises new courses for those interested to become NLP Practitioners, NLP Coaches, Hypnotists or those that want to simply improve their influence and communication skills

For more information, follow these links:

To learn Certified NLP Practitioner and Certified Timeline Therapy™ Techniques Training, click here.

To learn more about our Advanced Coaching Programme, click here

To learn more about the Language and Behaviour Profile (LAB Profile) - Words That Change Minds Certification, click here

To register for any of these courses, click here.


To learn more about Asia Mind Dynamics, click here

For companies, interested to know more about in-houses courses, click here



_____________________________________________________________________________________








No comments: