Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stress and Christmas shopping

Malaysia is on sale, once again. And sure enough, it coincidences with Christmas. The queues in front of the shopping malls are huge, and disoriented shoppers walk dazily around, eyes wide open.

Many appear stressed, and now before the final, final weekend before Christmas, expect chaos. I will be one who is going to buy some presents for my boy on Saturday. He wants some Play Station Games (Star Wars), a new football, and a bicycle.

I am already not the nicest shopper during normal shopping days but now, with Christmas music blaring, promoters hassling, too many people pushing and shoving, wow, can I not feel pity with myself? I call it sensory overload, and that it surely is. You are entrenched in noise, visual teasers, and just the enclosures with too many people close by.

Well, it is the end-goal that I keep in mind. My boy's smile on the face, when he opens the presents. Of course he now knows that Santa Claus is actually is Papa, so there is no surprise on that side anymore.

A healthy mental attitude is healthy to start with - I play it out in the back of my mind, what I want, where I want it and then, be very determined in what I really want, in order not to be distracted too often.

I attempt to be in the mall at the earliest, to avoid being trapped in one of the huge traffic jams. And then, I entice myself as well with a short visit to the residential bookshop or a coffee. As an additional incentive.

Will I stay cool? Well, I hope and believe I am not heating up inside. I will be doing fine :).

How are you coping with the stress during Christmas shopping?

But once again, I am amazed by the amount of tools that I have at hand after I learnt NLP.

My upcoming NLP course still has places free - so register now to secure your seat now - download the brochure for the registration form . Send me a mail at NLP AT AsiaMindDynamics.com for more information.

(NLP in Asia)
(Asia Mind Dynamics)















No comments: